One of the beauties of travel is getting to experience different foods. It doesn’t matter if I’m in New York City or in Singapore; I always have the mindset that I need to eat local food no matter if it’s healthy or not. I love everything from slices of pizza from my favorite NYC hole-in-the-wall to chicken and rice from a Singaporean street vendor. The problem is that if you’re a business traveler and travel for a living like I do, food like that catches up to you. While I take my semi-sabbatical while I await the birth of my first child, one of my goals is to eat less and healthier.
A lot of my friends have recommended the book “Eat to Live,” and judging by its high rating on Amazon and all of its reviews, I can see why. From Amazon: “The Eat To Live 2011 revised edition includes updated scientific research supporting Dr. Fuhrman’s revolutionary six-week plan. The book explains how and why eating the wrong foods causes toxic hunger and the desire to over consume calories; whereas a diet of high micronutrient quality causes true hunger which decreases the sensations leading to food cravings and overeating behaviors. It instructs readers on how to leave behind the discomfort of toxic hunger, cravings, and addictions to unhealthy foods.”
I just ordered it for $10 since I really need to change my eating habits while home. I’m hoping I get the same reaction my friend Heather Poole did recently as she tweeted, “The book is eye opening. I love food. I didn’t want to change the way I eat. I didn’t think I would. This book made it easy. #EatToLive”
Grab it: Grab “Eat to Live” by Joel Fuhrman from $10.36 on Amazon here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.