Christmas is in a few days! If you’re looking for a last-minute travel book to give to someone that has something to do with Christmas, then check out “Rick Steves’ European Christmas.” Rick is no doubt America’s expert on Europe and for this book he, per Amazon, “teams up with co-author Valerie Griffith to explore the rich and fascinating mix of traditions—Christian, pagan, musical, and edible—that led to the Christmas festivities we enjoy today.
Rick brings home an authentic, surprising portrait of holiday celebrations in England, Norway, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, and Switzerland. Romans cook up eels, Salzburgers shoot off guns, Germans buy ‘prune people’ at markets, Norwegian kids hope to win marzipan pigs, and Parisians ice-skate on the Eiffel Tower.”
This book will no doubt motivate your loved one to make a trip to Europe next Christmas since it’s filled with thoughtful insights, vibrant photos, and more than a dozen recipes. It’s a great way to learn something new—and old—about Christmas.
Grab it: Grab “Rick Steves’ European Christmas” on Amazon for $14.99.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.