Many people consider an African safari to be the top trip on their bucket list. I’ve been fortunate to go on a few (one in South Africa, one in Kenya and one in Tanzania; my East African posts are below). Natalie and I also did a Tiger safari in India. However, not everyone can go on one for a number of reasons (money, time, health…), and if you’re one of them, I recommend checking out the next best thing: the New York Times bestseller “Safari: A Photicular Book.” From Amazon:
“A New York Times bestseller, Safari is a magical journey for the whole family. Readers, as if on African safari, encounter eight wild animals that come alive using never-before-seen Photicular technology. Each full-color image is like a 3-D movie on the page, delivering a rich, fluid, immersive visual experience. The result is breathtaking. The cheetah bounds. The gazelle leaps. The African elephant snaps its ears. The gorilla munches the leaves off a branch. It’s mesmerizing, as visually immediate as a National Geographic or Animal Planet special.”
It’s so good that Audubon magazine called it, “An imaginative interpretation of the real thing,” and PW magazine said, “Lenticular technology takes a big leap forward with this virtual safari.” The book has been out for a few years and has five stars (out of five) on Amazonand over 200 comments. It used to cost $25.59 but is now just $14.59.
Grab it: Grab “Safari: A Photicular Book” from $14.59 on Amazon here.
Johnny Jet’s East African safari posts:
- In Search of the Big Five on a Micato Safari in the Masai Mara
- First Look at Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuri Kenya Safari Camp
- Serengeti Balloon Safari
- 12 Reasons to Choose Micato Safaris for Your Next African Safari
- 11 Reasons to Stay at the Four Seasons Serengeti Lodge in Tanzania
- Hemingways Nairobi: A New Luxurious Boutique Hotel in Nairobi
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.