Looking for a great Christmas present to give one of your travel friends? Then check out “The Best American Travel Writing 2016,” edited by Bill Bryson. It was just included in National Geographic’s roundup (“Around the World in 10 Books“). As they say, “Best-selling author Bill Bryson has unearthed the best travel writing published in 2015 and invites readers to stay in a lonely Airbnb in Tokyo, parade down the jubilant streets of Kerala, and discover the burgeoning plastic surgery business in Seoul.”
If I had more time I would read all of Bill Bryson’s books since he is my favorite author. His book on Australia is a must-read for anyone heading down under for the first time.
Grab it: Grab “The Best American Travel Writing 2016” by Bill Bryson on Amazon from $9.11.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.