This year, 2019, marks the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Europe by the Allies in WWII. In commemoration, Rough Guides is releasing a book on the subject called “Travel The Liberation Route Europe.” Most of all, it’s a guidebook offering detailed travel help in nine European countries. The book also traces the footsteps of Allied soldiers in 1944-45 and tells human stories that defined their journey.
Rough Guides’ “Travel The Liberation Route Europe” ($23.05 on Amazon)
Here’s what inside the book, per Amazon:
- “Detailed regional coverage: provides information on all the important sights linked to the Liberation in nine countries – starting in the UK where much of the planning and preparation took place, then Italy, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, the Czech Republic and Germany
- Evocative features: inspirational biographies of war heroes from all nine countries, authoritative features on the role of colonial troops, war brides, the Prague uprising and many more. Inter-chapter features reflect upon the Resistance movements, the Holocaust and the liberation of the camps and the post-Liberation reconstruction
- Meticulous mapping: always full colour, with clear numbered, colour-coded keys
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including portraits of war heroes and thought-provoking historical images of the Liberation
- Experiences: a selection of unique ways to learn more about events of the Liberation: explore the D-Day beaches in an historic D-Day Jeep in Normandy, France or experience the Sunset March – a daily tribute to the Allied Soldiers where a veteran (of any war) walks on the Crossing Bridge with street lamps lighting up with every step – in Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Background information: a comprehensive introduction to the end of World War II puts the events of the Liberation in context”
More travel books
- 2 Great Apollo 11 Books to Help You Celebrate the Mission’s 50th Anniversary
- Travel Book of the Week: “Motel Vegas” by Fred Sigman
- Travel Book of the Week: “Forks: A Quest for Culture, Cuisine, and Connection” by Allan Karl
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.