Last week at SeaTrade in Miami, I met Cindy Bertram, author of “How Six Women Executives Steer the Cruise Industry Today.” Here’s the deal, per Amazon:
“With the fast paced growth of the cruise industry, from ocean to river cruising along with destinations and more options, another part of the growth has been the addition of women executives leading cruise lines themselves. Today there are numerous women cruise line presidents and vice presidents, as well as one woman who’s actually a Brand Chairman, and another woman who is a co-founder and co-owner. These women have worked hard in their respective careers, successfully balancing their personal lives with work, have overcome challenges, and have continued to grow themselves, professionally and personally. These women lead by example, are real human beings, truly care about the people within the cruise line they lead, and are passionate about the cruise industry.
“In How Six Women Executives Steer the Cruise Industry Today, these cruise women executives share their stories with personal touches. All of these women have different stories on how they first got into the travel and cruise industry. After struggling to find a job after graduating from college, one of these women said she separately reached out to a start-up cruise line where she got a job answering phones and taking bookings. Another worked as a ‘Girl Friday’ for a travel agency. Another fun story? One of these women wanted to be a flight attendant, but didn’t meet the required height requirements, so she got a job at a travel agency. These women have successfully balanced out running these cruise lines while also having families. One of these cruise line presidents jokingly mentioned that when one of her daughters was two years old, she knew the difference between a ship and a boat!
“These extraordinary women leaders steering the cruise industry today include Diane Moore, President, Paul Gauguin Cruises; Ellen Bettridge, President & CEO of Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection®; Edie Rodriguez, Americas Brand Chairman and Corporate Special Advisor, PONANT; Jan Swartz, Group President, Princess Cruises® and Carnival Australia; Kristin Karst, Executive Vice President and Co-Owner, AmaWaterways™; and Christine Duffy, President of Carnival Cruise Line®. Most of these women executives had men as mentors as they moved up in their careers.
“Another charismatic woman leader who has mentored both men and women, sharing her positive impact is Sister Jean, Team Chaplain, Chicago’s Loyola University Ramblers – they made it into the 2018 NCAA Final Four. As far as her words of wisdom, Sister Jean says that when it comes to achieving goals and never giving up, ‘It’s really about people. And it goes back to the core of three important things – worship, work hard, and win.’ Her insights add more to what makes a great leader with her own personal stories.
“These women lead by example, and they are an inspiration to the world. Their wonderful stories can be found in How Six Women Executives Steer the Cruise Industry Today.”
Grab it: Grab “How Six Women Executives Steer the Cruise Industry Today” by Cindy Bertram on Amazon for $9.99.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.