Reader’s Digest recently highlighted a story in their newsletter titled “20 Everyday Fixes to Survive Basically Anything.” Of course, I was compelled to click it, and I’m glad I did as it included a lot of helpful travel tips. (I’ll be featuring some of them soon in my Daily Travel Tip newsletter.) The tips were pulled from the book “The Survival Doctor’s Complete Handbook,” which was written by a survival-medicine specialist and would be a great gift for just about any traveler. Hopefully, they/you will never need to use the tips inside but it’s great knowledge nonetheless.
Grab it: Grab “The Survival Doctor’s Complete Handbook” by James Hubbard on Amazon from $13.59.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.