Reader’s Digest recently highlighted a story in their newsletter titled “20 Everyday Fixes to Survive Basically Anything.” Of course, I was compelled to click it, and I’m glad I did as it included a lot of helpful travel tips. (I’ll be featuring some of them soon in my Daily Travel Tip newsletter.) The tips were pulled from the book “The Survival Doctor’s Complete Handbook,” which was written by a survival-medicine specialist and would be a great gift for just about any traveler. Hopefully, they/you will never need to use the tips inside but it’s great knowledge nonetheless.
Grab it: Grab “The Survival Doctor’s Complete Handbook” by James Hubbard on Amazon from $13.59.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.