To my delight, a large, heavy book showed up in my mailbox this week. It was from National Geographic and titled “Timeless Journeys: Travels to the World’s Legendary Places.” It’s going to look beautiful on our coffee table.
The book, from Amazon, “showcases bucket-list-ready destinations on every continent, from Easter Island’s haunting stone moai to Kyoto’s breathtaking temples. Vintage photographs from the National Geographic archives tell the backstory of the discovery and earliest visitors to places like Carthage, Pompeii, Victoria Falls, and more, while showstopping contemporary photographs bring them to life in exquisite detail. Full-spread features highlight lesser-known hidden sites, such as Pompeii’s better-preserved sister city Herculaneum and the less-visited Maya city El Mirador in Guatemala’s jungle, offer readers extraordinary opportunities to deepen their travel experience and discover places where the past can truly come to life.”
There are also some practical travel tips to help you get started planning your own legendary journey.
Grab it: Grab National Geographic‘s Timeless Journeys: Travels to the World’s Legendary Places on Amazon for $40.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.