To my delight, a large, heavy book showed up in my mailbox this week. It was from National Geographic and titled “Timeless Journeys: Travels to the World’s Legendary Places.” It’s going to look beautiful on our coffee table.
The book, from Amazon, “showcases bucket-list-ready destinations on every continent, from Easter Island’s haunting stone moai to Kyoto’s breathtaking temples. Vintage photographs from the National Geographic archives tell the backstory of the discovery and earliest visitors to places like Carthage, Pompeii, Victoria Falls, and more, while showstopping contemporary photographs bring them to life in exquisite detail. Full-spread features highlight lesser-known hidden sites, such as Pompeii’s better-preserved sister city Herculaneum and the less-visited Maya city El Mirador in Guatemala’s jungle, offer readers extraordinary opportunities to deepen their travel experience and discover places where the past can truly come to life.”
There are also some practical travel tips to help you get started planning your own legendary journey.
Grab it: Grab National Geographic‘s Timeless Journeys: Travels to the World’s Legendary Places on Amazon for $40.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.