Check it out! My friends Mike and Anne Howard from HoneyTrek.com just released a National Geographic book this week called “Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent.”
Mike and Anne left for their honeymoon in January 2012 and have been exploring the globe ever since on what has possibly become the world’s longest honeymoon. Using Anne’s background as a national magazine editor and Mike’s as a digital marketing executive and photographer, they created a website to chronicle their journey across 50+ countries and share tips with fellow couples looking to make their own travel dreams a reality.
They’ve reviewed over 150 luxury hotels and excursions across all seven continents, they know the five-star side of travel, but also know how to get to the heart of local culture. The Howards’ remarkable journey has been acclaimed by Los Angeles Times, Daily Mail, CBS, and more. They’ve lectured at the Smithsonian and major travel industry trade shows; their travel advice has been the subject of feature articles in BBC Travel, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Huffington Post, and The Washington Post. Their compelling story, travel savvy, and charismatic ways, even landed them a starring role in a Microsoft and Dell television commercial that aired worldwide.
Drawing from their five-year journey Mike and Anne will share experiences that will get you off the tourist track, help you embrace adventure and create a lifetime of memories. In the book you will find:
- 75 featured destinations with extraordinary excursions, romantic twists, and side trips to extend your journey
- Top 10 lists of the ultimate day hikes, festivals, scuba dives, beaches, and more
- Expert advice from fellow couples, who’ve road-tripped around the world and sailed the seven seas
- Travel hacks to earn free flights and lodging, find authentic local experiences, and do good as you go
Chapters are organized by type of destination (for example, beaches, mountains, and deserts) to help travelers discover new places and experiences based on their interests. Each entry focuses on a specific region, getting to the essence of each locale and its one-of-a-kind offerings. The authors reveal the ideal time to visit, the best places to stay and most exciting activities—each with their own adventure rating to illustrate level of intensity. Special features include funny and insightful stories from the Howards’ own adventures, expert advice from other renowned traveling couples, and tips to increase the romance and excitement at each destination. A large map shows every location covered in the book, and each entry has a locator map depicting the city and country. Both entertaining and informative, this book is an invaluable resource and inspiration for a lifetime of travel.
Grab it: Grab “Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent” by Mike and Anne Howard on Amazon for $21.03.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.