Believe it or not there are still tons of people that buy good ol’ fashion road maps—enough that the “Rand McNally 2017 Large Scale Road Atlas” is one of Amazon’s bestsellers! After reading some of the comments, I realize that most of the buyers seem to be travelers going on road trips who either know or are afraid that they won’t have cell coverage during parts of their trips.
So, instead of getting lost, they buy this new, recently updated, spiral-bound, large-scale map featuring maps of every US state and over 350 detailed city inset and National Park maps. The atlas even includes road construction and conditions contact information for every state and has tourism websites and phone numbers for every US state and Canadian province. Another cool feature is that it has a mileage chart showing distances between 77 North American cities and National Parks with driving times. I think I might order one to keep in my car for peace of mind (even though my car never goes on long road trips).
Grab it: Grab a copy of the “Rand McNally 2017 Large Scale Road Atlas” for $15.56 here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.