I saw a tweet last week from a JetBlue executive that read “How many fellow #avgeeks were inspired by these kids books? (Raises hand).” I’m an avgeek but I didn’t have this or any other aviation-themed book growing up. So I immediately looked up the book on Amazon and bought it for my son, Jack, since I hope he will be into travel as much as I am.
Here’s the description of Richard Scarry’s “A Day at the Airport“: “Sally, Huckle, and Lowly are supposed to go sailing with Huckle and Sally’s father, but it starts to rain. Father says they will have to stay inside and play, but their friend Rudolf von Flugel saves the day when he picks the kids up in his airplane-car and whisks them off to the airport for a fun day of sightseeing. Full of airport fun and ‘Scarry’ mishaps.”
Jack’s too young to enjoy it but the book only cost $3.99 so it’s worth keeping around until he can. What’s your favorite aviation-themed children’s book?
Grab it: Grab a copy of “A Day at the Airport” by Richard Scarry on Amazon from $3.99 here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.