Without a doubt one of the best parts about traveling is getting to experience different and local foods (at least it is for me). That’s why when I found out that Lonely Planet has a series of books called “From the Source” focusing on authentic recipes direct from the kitchens where they were perfected, I knew I had to write about it. They have books on half a dozen countries: France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, and Thailand, which are below:
Each one has all kinds of detailed information including recipes from street-food vendors to Michelin-starred chefs. For example, Mexico’s “From the Source” has 60 of the region’s classic recipes, from steaming sopa de lima to zesty, spicy salsas. If you or a loved one likes to cook and recreate dishes from past travels, check out these books.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.