Pretty much all of the “hot country” lists out there for 2017 include three countries: Cuba, Iceland and Sri Lanka. I was surprised by the last of the three but have always been intrigued. The closest I’ve ever been to Sri Lanka is 35,000 feet from it when Natalie and I flew over the island nation on our flight from India to the Maldives a few years ago. The country is “hot” because the decades-long civil war is over, it’s lush and beautiful, there are new hotels, it’s inexpensive, and a lot of investment money is being pumped in. The tourism board has also started to proactively go after travel bloggers. If Sri Lanka is on your list, you should check out the Sri Lanka guidebooks listed below. If it’s not, you should consider visiting. I know I will!
- Sri Lanka Travel Guide: 101 Coolest Things to Do in Sri Lanka ($7.99)
- Lonely Planet Sri Lanka ($16.66)
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Sri Lanka ($25)
- Elephant Complex: Travels in Sri Lanka ($17)
- Top 12 Places to Visit in Sri Lanka (free for Kindle)
- The Rough Guide to Sri Lanka ($16.32)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.