A reader sent me an email last week asking what recommendations I have for sightseeing around Washington, DC. That’s a difficult question since there are a lot of variables like time of year, what their interests are, and how much they want to spend time- and money-wise. I’ve been to the nation’s capital about a dozen times but it’s always for work so I usually spend most of my time at a conference center (though I always try to hit a least one of the main attractions).
I highly recommend getting a recent guidebook to help you decide in advance what you want to see and how to save time (make reservations) and money. Below are some of the newest Washington, DC guidebooks:
- National Geographic Walking Washington, D.C ($10.19)
- Frommer’s EasyGuide to Washington, D.C. 2018 ($19.95 on Kindle)
- Not For Tourists Guide to Washington DC 2018 ($21.99)
- Washington DC Travel Guide 2018 ($14.95)
- MICHELIN Guide Washington, DC 2018: Restaurants ($9.17)
- WASHINGTON, D.C. – 2018 – The Food Enthusiast’s Complete Restaurant Guide ($10.95)
- StreetSmart Washington DC Map ($6.52)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.