Iceland is hot right now, and I’m not talking about their volcanoes. First of all, they just did a miraculous job in Euro2016, gaining the respect of the soccer world. How can a nation of 323,000 rollover opponents like England? But the real reason Iceland is so popular right now is the low fares from the new budget airline WOW air. WOW has been offering fares as low as $99 from the US from the east and west coasts. In fact, one of our writers recently did a trip with them (here’s her experience). Even since before WOW air, Icelandair has been offering affordable fares to Europe and free stopovers in their home country for decades.
If you’ve never been to Iceland, I highly recommend it, as it’s one of the most beautiful countries in the world and it’s only a five-hour flight from New York and a 7.5-hour flight from the west coast! It takes less time to fly to Iceland from New York then it does to Los Angeles! If you do go, you’ll want a great guidebook to show you the ins and outs, so below are some of your choices from Amazon (also listed here):
- “Moon Iceland“
- “Lonely Planet Iceland“
- “Frommer’s EasyGuide to Iceland“
- “Top 10 Iceland” (Eyewitness)
- “Iceland” (National Geographic Adventure Map)
- “The Rough Guide to Iceland“
- More Iceland books
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.