Last week we featured guidebooks on Bali, and it was a big hit. After multiple readers asked me for my recommendations for guidebooks to get for Paris and London, I decided to work on them (since they’re the most popular European destinations for American travelers). This week, we’ll feature Paris and France guidebooks, and next week we’ll do London. Paris is also one of my favorite cities in the world and it’s my wife’s favorite.
Having a good guidebook really helps, especially if you’ve never been to a city or if it’s been a while. If I’m missing any of your favorite Paris/France guidebooks let me know and I will add them.
- Rick Steves Paris 2017 ($14.57)
- Frommer’s EasyGuide to Paris 2017 ($9.23)
- Lonely Planet Paris ($21.99)
- Lonely Planet Pocket Paris ($11.97)
- Lonely Planet Discover Paris 2017 ($14.66)
- Fodor’s Paris ($13.76)
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Paris ($12.98)
- Little Black Book of Paris, 2017 Edition ($9.56)
- Michelin Paris Pocket Map 50 ($3.99)
- MICHELIN Guide Paris & ses environs 2017: Restaurants ($19.99)
- Paris in Bloom ($12.40)
- An Hour from Paris ($11.77)
- Paris: The Novel ($11.04)
- The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel ($9.79)
- Lonely Planet First Words ($12.99)
- Kids’ Travel Guide – France & Paris ($10.55)
- First 1000 Words: French ($2.11)
- Rick Steves France 2017 ($16.24)
- Lonely Planet France ($27.99)
- Fodor’s Essential France ($13.10)
- MICHELIN Guide France 2017 ($19.36)
- Frommer’s EasyGuide to Paris 2017 ($19.36)
Learn to speak French
- Easy French Step-by-Step ($13.41)
- French All-in-One For Dummies, with CD ($25.54)
- French: Practical French For Beginners ($14.24)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.