Atlas Obscura, the travel portal, is “an explorer’s guide to the world’s hidden wonders.” If you like to get off the beaten path, then this so-named Atlas Obscura guidebook is for you. “Atlas Obscura: An Explorer’s Guide to the World’s Hidden Wonders” features over 700 of the strangest and most curious places in the world and it’s one of Amazon.com’s bestsellers. It was created by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras and Ella Morton, and its wonders include, from Amazon, “the dazzling glowworm caves in New Zealand, or a baobob tree in South Africa that’s so large it has a pub inside where 15 people can drink comfortably. Architectural marvels, including the M.C. Escher-like stepwells in India. Mind-boggling events, like the Baby Jumping Festival in Spain, where men dressed as devils literally vault over rows of squirming infants.” (Are they on crack?)
“With its compelling descriptions, hundreds of photographs, surprising charts, maps for every region of the world,” this book will show you how strange and marvelous the world really is.
Grab it: Grab “Atlas Obscura: An Explorer’s Guide to the World’s Hidden Wonders” on Amazon from $21.87.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.