One of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to staying in a hotel is having oblivious neighbors who not only talk loudly in the hallways but who let their room door slam behind them. It’s not that difficult to shut it gently, especially from the inside, but it can be a challenge when leaving.
So if you’ve ever want to be courteous or sneak out of your hotel room so you don’t disturb your sleeping wife and kids, then here’s my simple trick.
RELATED: The Truth About Hotel Room Key Cards
When exiting your hotel room, close the door as far as you can before it clicks (this way you block the hallway light and any hallway noises). Then, take your room key and unlock your door by tapping the keycard against the magnetic lock. Once it unlocks, you can turn the door handle so the lock won’t make that crazy loud and disturbing clicking nose that every hotel room door seems to make. And that’s it.
If you’re a visual learner like me, then here’s a 22-second video I shot early one morning while sneaking out in Hawaii to go get acai bowls for my family when they woke up. RELATED: Here are the 5 best places to get acai bowls in Honolulu.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.