I love plane-spotting. Sometimes my friends call me “Rainman” because when I’m playing volleyball on Manhattan Beach, and I see a cool plane take off from nearby LAX, I usually stop the play and say, “Check it out…there’s an Emirates A380 taking off for Dubai…” or, “There’s Air Tahiti Nui heading to Papeete or Paris.” And without a doubt my favorite pastime in airports is watching planes take off and land. One of my favorite airports is London’s Heathrow since it sees such a wide variety of international carriers, including many that don’t fly to the USA.
If you’re an avgeek like I am and can’t make it to London or just want to see some big birds in action, check out aviatorlondon’s feed. It’s run by a chap named Guss and it’s all planes departing and arriving from Heathrow. He even lists where each plane is coming from, the type of aircraft, how old it is, and the make of the engines. Pretty awesome, eh?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.