I love plane-spotting. Sometimes my friends call me “Rainman” because when I’m playing volleyball on Manhattan Beach, and I see a cool plane take off from nearby LAX, I usually stop the play and say, “Check it out…there’s an Emirates A380 taking off for Dubai…” or, “There’s Air Tahiti Nui heading to Papeete or Paris.” And without a doubt my favorite pastime in airports is watching planes take off and land. One of my favorite airports is London’s Heathrow since it sees such a wide variety of international carriers, including many that don’t fly to the USA.
If you’re an avgeek like I am and can’t make it to London or just want to see some big birds in action, check out aviatorlondon’s feed. It’s run by a chap named Guss and it’s all planes departing and arriving from Heathrow. He even lists where each plane is coming from, the type of aircraft, how old it is, and the make of the engines. Pretty awesome, eh?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.