Brendan van Son (brendanvanson)
In his own words, Brendan van Son (brendanvanson) “is a travel photographer and journalist from a small town in Canada called Rocky Mountain House. After completing degrees in Political Science and Geography in 2008 [he] headed to South America to take a job that paid [him] only $50 a week, but allowed [him] to travel. [He] knew within 3 days of arriving in South America that [he’d] never stop travelling, that [he] needed to find a way to meld travel into [his] career, no matter what it took.
“Over 5 years later now, [he’s] visited around 80 countries on 6 different continents. [He’s] done some crazy things like drive a $600 scooter down the west side of Africa. [He’s] done some amazing things, as well. [He] count[s] [his] blessings that [he’s] able to live this lifestyle. In the 5 years since [he’s] engaged in the life of a travel photographer and journalist [his] work has been in a number of major publications such as The Guardian. [His] travels themselves have also been featured in various major media outlets such as the BBC, National Geographic Traveler, and others.”
His Instagram photos are beautiful. He just completed a road trip on route 66 with Matt Long in conjunction with Marriott.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.