Reed Timmer (reedtimmer)
Peek hurricane season is in full swing, and I know there are people out there that love to follow extreme meteorologists to keep up. Dr. Reed Timmer has been storm-chasing for Accuweather for the last two years, providing coverage of extreme weather in the U.S. such as tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, and flash floods. Reed has documented over 1,000 tornadoes and dozens of hurricanes in 18 years of storm-chasing that include historic extreme weather events like Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and the Super Outbreak in “Dixie Alley” on April 25-27, 2011.
Reed is well-known for his tenure on Discovery Channel’s Storm Chasers television series during 2008-2011, and the intercepting of tornadoes using custom-built, armored-tank-like vehicles called the Dominators. Reed published an autobiographical and educational book, “Into The Storm,” in 2010 and completed his PhD in meteorology from the University of Oklahoma in 2015. He plans to chase storms for the rest of his life—and of course he documents his travels on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.