Jessica Nabongo (thecatchmeifyoucan)
Jessica Nabongo was recently featured in Money magazine for visiting 175 countries. She expects to become the first black woman to visit every country in the world in October of this year. (See “Quick note” below.)
According to her website bio, Jessica is “a first generation American…born and raised in Detroit, Michigan to Ugandan parents. She attended St. John’s University in New York, where she earned her undergraduate degree in English literature. In just a few years after college, she started (and ended) a career in pharmaceutical sales, moved to Japan to teach English, and completed a graduate degree at the London School of Economics. She captured her experiences along the way, honing her photography skills. As her career path changed, Jessica realized that travel, writing and photography continued to show up as vehicles of self expression and were essential parts of her life, leading to the creation of [her] site, The Catch Me If You Can.”
Jessica has over 117,000 followers on Instagram and is definitely a travel inspiration.
Quick note: A reader has pointed out that Woni Spotts claims to have accomplished that feat already. JohnnyJet.com has in fact been contacted regarding the disagreement between the two. With insufficient evidence to prove either’s claim outright (Woni traveled almost entirely off social media), we feel it’s not the role of this website to adjudicate between these two accomplished and inspiring travelers.
Like this feature? Check out past Travel Instagrammer of the Week posts!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.