One of my life goals is to visit every country in the world. Depending on the list I’m using, I’ve been to around 60 (using the U.N. list) or 100 (using the Travelers’ Century Club list, which includes countries and territories). I slacked a bit in my 20s, 30s and 40s. And now that I have two young kids, I’m traveling less, so I’m not going to reach my goal at least until they’re older and they can travel with me. Plus, there are some countries that to me are just not worth the risk that comes with visiting.
In short, there’s a good chance that I may not complete this life goal and visit every country in the world, but I do admire those that have done it. According to Insider.com, Melissa Roy, aka Mapped by Melissa (mappedbymelissa), just became the first South Asian woman to do it. On December 26, 2019, she visited Bangladesh, the last of the 193 U.N. member countries. “Roy,” says the article, “set out to visit 100 countries and all seven continents before she turned 30, a feat she achieved by celebrating her 30th birthday in Antarctica. Four years later, she is now the first South Asian woman to visit every country in the world, ending in Bangladesh the day after Christmas. Even more impressively, the 34-year-old world traveler financed everything herself — a rarity in an age of sponsored Instagram travel influencers and branded #wanderlust.”
More travelers like Melissa Roy that have visited every country in the world
We’ve interviewed several of the hundred-and-something people that have achieved the feat as part of our Travel Style series. We’re going to have to get Melissa Roy to do it, but for now we’ll settle for featuring her Instagram. Here are some of those Travel Styles:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.