Michael Yamashita (yamashitaphoto)
I have to warn you…looking at Michael Yamashita’s Instagram handle (yamashitaphoto) is a humbling experience. If you think you take great photos, take a gander at Michael’s. All I can say is…wow! He’s amazing, and it’s no wonder he has over a million followers and is a Nat Geo photographer.
According to Wikipedia, Michael was born in 1949 in San Francisco but grew up in Montclair, New Jersey. “In 1971 he graduated from Wesleyan University with a degree in Asian studies and later went to Japan for seven years. He began working for the National Geographic in 1979 and since then traveled to places as diverse as Somalia, Sudan, England, Ireland, and Papua New Guinea. For the past ten years he has specialized in Asia, including China and Tibet. He is also an author of more than nine photography books [see this post]. He has won numerous awards from the National Press Photographers Association and the Asian American Journalists Association. He is also a frequent lecturer and conducts workshops across Asia and the United States.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.