Michael Yamashita (yamashitaphoto)
I have to warn you…looking at Michael Yamashita’s Instagram handle (yamashitaphoto) is a humbling experience. If you think you take great photos, take a gander at Michael’s. All I can say is…wow! He’s amazing, and it’s no wonder he has over a million followers and is a Nat Geo photographer.
According to Wikipedia, Michael was born in 1949 in San Francisco but grew up in Montclair, New Jersey. “In 1971 he graduated from Wesleyan University with a degree in Asian studies and later went to Japan for seven years. He began working for the National Geographic in 1979 and since then traveled to places as diverse as Somalia, Sudan, England, Ireland, and Papua New Guinea. For the past ten years he has specialized in Asia, including China and Tibet. He is also an author of more than nine photography books [see this post]. He has won numerous awards from the National Press Photographers Association and the Asian American Journalists Association. He is also a frequent lecturer and conducts workshops across Asia and the United States.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.