Thomas Peschak (thomaspeschak)
If you want to see some incredible—and I’m talking incredible—photos of sea life, you must check out Thomas Peschak’s Instagram account! One look and you’ll realize why he’s an assignment photographer for National Geographic. He’s also the Director of Conservation for the Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF) and he’s been named one of the 40 most influential nature photographers in the world.
Thomas was originally trained as a marine biologist, but he retired from science fieldwork in 2004. He became an environmental photojournalist after realizing that he could have a greater conservation impact with photographs than statistics. Yet he remains rooted in marine science through his roles as Director of Conservation for SOSF and Founding/Associate Director of the Manta Trust. He strives to merge photojournalism and cutting-edge science to create powerful media projects that tackle some of the most critical marine conservation issues of our time. He has written and photographed five books: “Currents of Contrast,” “Great White Shark,” “Wild Seas Secret Shores,” “Lost World,” and his latest, “Sharks and People,” released in 2013 and chronicling the relationship between people and sharks around the world. He’s also a multiple-time winner in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards and in 2011 and 2013 he received World Press Photo Awards for his work.
INSTAGRAM PRINT SALE – Limited time, limited prints! My iconic photograph of a great white shark following a marine biologist in a sea kayak is now available as an archival print (11.7×8.3inch/297x210mm) for just US$ 100. Available only until 29th Nov 2015 www.thomaspeschak.com/instagram-print See the direct link below my instagram profile. To discover why great white sharks venture inshore near the southern tip of Africa during the summer months, scientists from the White Shark Trust used sea kayaks to track their movements. Normally the routine involves the kayak tracking the sharks, but in this case the white shark decided to track the kayak instead. “To take this photograph I tied myself to the tower of the research boat and leant out over the water. Once the first shark saw the kayak, it dove down to inspect it from below and then slowly rose to check it out. I took the shot a fraction of a second after its dorsal fin emerged, just as the research assistant turned to look behind him. For me it’s that connection that makes the picture.” #photooftheday #picoftheday #shark #southafrica #gift #christmas #underwater #scuba #photography #photo #sale @saveourseasfoundation @natgeocreative @mantatrust @natgeo @thomaspeschak
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.