Trip Of A Lifestyle (tripofalifestyle)
A Florida couple is in the news after visiting all 61 U.S. National Parks in just seven months. As written by WFLA, Lauren and Steven Keys (aka Trip Of A Lifestyle) “recently returned from a seven-month trip to see every single one of America’s national parks, including those in the Virgin Islands and American Samoa.”
The whole trip cost $36,875 (which they break down in a post), which is no small sum. But the two prioritized saving and travel. Lauren and Steven supported themselves by working part-time and remotely, renting their condo, and by selling photos from the journey. And beyond that, they say, they prioritized travel and planned accordingly. “We’ve always been really, I guess, diligent savers, I guess you would say,” Stephen told WFLA. “So we felt comfortable going on this trip knowing the general plan we had didn’t work out, we’d still be alright because we had sort of like a cushion to fall back on that we had built up over the years.”
To reduce costs, the couple traveled in a van and installed a full bed in the back of it. “It was surprising how sustainable sleeping in the van was,” Lauren told WFLA. “Apart from the nights where it was below 25 degrees during the winter and when we came back to the southeast during the summertime, it was actually really, really comfortable,” she added.
More Trip of a Lifestyle
See Lauren and Steven Keys in this TV segment!
More travel Instagrammers
- Ronald Rael, Artist at the U.S.-Mexico Border
- Jessica Nabongo
- Mikah Meyer
- Lexie Alford
- Javier Rodriguez, Winner of the “Best Internship Ever”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.