Visit Fort Lauderdale (visitlauderdale)
I’m in Fort Lauderdale this week with my beautiful wife (@NatalieDiScala) as we’re both doing some work with Visit Fort Lauderdale.
Fort Lauderdale will always hold a special place in my heart since it was the first real experience I had with travel. I can still remember my first flight, from New York’s LGA to—you guessed it—Fort Lauderdale. As we took off I was amazed to see how small people, cars and houses quickly became. They looked like ants and toys before we reached the clouds. My mom let me chew my sandwich-sized plastic bag of Hubba Bubba gum that I had been saving up for weeks. When we landed in south Florida, I was even more amazed that in such a short time (2.5 hours) I had gone from freezing cold New York/Connecticut to hot and sunny Florida.
Whenever I start to take air travel for granted, I think back to that special day and remind myself how fortunate I am to be living in the jet age. Of course, south Florida is still one of my favorite places to jet to (especially in the winter) since the weather is ideal, even while in most of the country it’s frightening. And since I don’t mind hot and steamy days, the summer there is fun, too.
If you haven’t been to Fort Lauderdale lately, I suggest you check it out. A lot has changed there and it’s gotten a lot more luxurious since I was a kid. Visit Fort Lauderdale’s Instagram will give you the itch to jump on a plane and come on over. When you see my wife’s light and airy pics on there, be sure to like them!
FYI: We spent four luxurious nights at the Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale, where we ate too many homemade cookies at their very well-managed club lounge.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.