Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. With so many people unable to travel right now, today’s tip is about bringing travel and wanderlust into your home. In this roundup of travel movies that inspire wanderlust, a number of frequent and big-time travelers weighed in with their favorite travel flicks of all-time (and their reasons). Among the many and varied picks are Roman Holiday, Up in the Air, The Last Crusade (Indiana Jones), and Samsara.
In the comments, a number of readers have weighed in with favorite travel movies, too, including:
- Bonnie, who offered In Bruges with Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson
- Michael W Travels, who offered The Beach with Leonardo DiCaprio
- Sarah, who offered Lawrence of Arabia with Peter O’Toole
- Rebecca, who offered Mama Mia!
What’s your favorite travel movie?
Do you like or dislike any of the picks in the post so far? Do you have your own favorite travel movie (defined as loosely as you like) that you’d recommend? Please weigh in with all of it—and read through all the picks—in the post here!
- 10 Free Things You Can Do at Home During Quarantine
- Travel Books of the Week: Authentic Recipes From the People That Know Them Best
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.