This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
My sister from Toronto came to visit us in California last month (the first time we’d seen each other in 809 days, since the pandemic began) and we spent a fair bit of time at the beach, relaxing and watching the cousins play together after an extremely long separation.
When I head to the beach, I’m always loaded down with stuff, which of course, I am. But it’s the beach towels that take up so much room in our bag. But my niece Aria had an extremely light and compact towel in her bag that took up no room at all.
My sister gave me all the details about the quick-dry Dock & Bay beach towels and I picked up a couple for my kids. They’re a huge improvement over the big, bulky beach towels I normally pack. First of all, they’re made from 100% recycled material and they’re extremely quick-drying. According to their website, these towels dry three times faster than standard cotton towels and keep free of unpleasant damp smells.
These towels first made their appearance on BBC’s Dragon’s Den and they’re designed to repel sand. Just give them a quick shake and all the sand will fall off, not getting trapped in threads like a regular towel. But my favorite feature is that they fold up pretty small so it’s easy to take two to the beach without overstuffing your bag. They come in two sizes: large (63×35″/160x190cm) and extra large (78×35″/200x90cm). I got both towels in extra large.
And last, but definitely not least, they’re really stylish. I love the striped cabana design and they come in an array of beautiful, vibrant colors. Can’t decide? Choose a few colors, one for everyone in the family and then you’ll always have your own towel ready to go for beach or pool days. I also shove them in my bag when we head to a park or a theme park – they come in handy for a multitude of uses. I used it to cover up a hot bench. I laid it down on the grass for an impromptu picnic. When my niece got cold at the beach, it was a handy wrap to keep her warm. I even used it as a change pad to change my daughter’s diaper one day.
Bottom line, they’re stylish, quick-drying, sand repellant and compact, making them perfect for travel. They’re great quality – I don’t think you’ll regret having these beach towels around. Buy the Dock & Bay quick dry beach towels here on Amazon.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.