Last month I wrote a travel tip about how you should ask your hotel for a humidifier when visiting a destination where the air is thinner and drier (like Snowmass, Colorado). At least for me and many of my friends, a humidifier helps make sleeping easier at high altitudes. We find the added moisture makes it easier to breathe. When I mentioned this to my buddy Leo Laporte, he recommended not depending on a hotel for a humidifier and instead bringing a portable one yourself. He said he always does this when visiting high elevations and places like Las Vegas where guests usually can’t open a hotel window.
Of course, I did some research on Amazon, and I found the Air-O-Swiss AOS 7146 Travel Ultrasonic Humidifier to be the best choice since it has over 1,000 reviews and is rated 4/5 stars. What I like about the Air-O-Swiss—besides the high review score—is that it’s compact enough to fit into your travel bag. All users have to do is add a water bottle and plug it in, and voila: You can adjust the room humidity just the way you like it.
Note that the travel humidifier should be placed on a flat, stable surface at least three feet above the ground. Water bottles above the standard 16 fluid ounces are not recommended due to the risk of overflowing of the unit.
FYI: There are other options on Amazon—which you can check out here—too, so find which one is right for you. Prices start at $8.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.