One of the perks of my job is that companies send me all kinds of travel products to test out. Half the time I have my friends and family try them since I don’t have that many spare moments—as was the case when I gave a BassBoomz speaker to my wife, Natalie, to try. Long-story-short, she flipped over it. The pocket-size, portable speaker can be used with all Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as laptops, smartphones and tablets, as well as non-Bluetooth devices like MP3 players via AUX input (cable included).
BassBoomz sure do provide an incredible sound experience, and no matter where you’re traveling in the world, you can make the sound deeper simply by twisting to release the Bass Expansion System (see the website for more on this).
The speaker comes with a Li-ion (lithium-ion) rechargeable battery that lasts 5-6 hours at 70%, so it can be used while on the go. Made by BassBuds, a UK company, BassBoomz cost £49.95 ($77), which includes shipping. UPDATED: A reader just alerted us that you can buy them on Amazon.com for $66 and it includes shipping! Here’s the link.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.