One of the perks of my job is that companies send me all kinds of travel products to test out. Half the time I have my friends and family try them since I don’t have that many spare moments—as was the case when I gave a BassBoomz speaker to my wife, Natalie, to try. Long-story-short, she flipped over it. The pocket-size, portable speaker can be used with all Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as laptops, smartphones and tablets, as well as non-Bluetooth devices like MP3 players via AUX input (cable included).
BassBoomz sure do provide an incredible sound experience, and no matter where you’re traveling in the world, you can make the sound deeper simply by twisting to release the Bass Expansion System (see the website for more on this).
The speaker comes with a Li-ion (lithium-ion) rechargeable battery that lasts 5-6 hours at 70%, so it can be used while on the go. Made by BassBuds, a UK company, BassBoomz cost £49.95 ($77), which includes shipping. UPDATED: A reader just alerted us that you can buy them on Amazon.com for $66 and it includes shipping! Here’s the link.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.