I’m not one to check bags, but for this upcoming trip I had to because I’m gone for three weeks and I needed to bring my tuxedo to England for the Royal Princess’ black tie gala (I couldn’t be looking scruffy for the Duchess of Cambridge, now could I?!).
I have a great relationship with Briggs & Riley and they’ve sent me bags in the past to try and I fell in love with the black rolling briefcase. When I told them I about my trip and my need for a larger suitcase so my tuxedo wouldn’t get wrinkled, they sent over the Baseline CX Medium Expandable Upright (U125) in black. It’s awesome and I love the fact that my briefcase can go on top of it and lock in quickly and safely. One of the coolest parts about this bag (and all of their other new ones) is that they come with an RFID blocking pocket that prevents unauthorized access to your passport and all your personal information. You probably didn’t know, but there are tools out there that allow thieves to read your passport’s RFID chip to steal your identity (another way of preventing this is to wrap your passport in aluminum foil).
At $499, the bag isn’t cheap, but you get what you pay for. It’s extremely durable and if by chance it ever breaks, Briggs & Riley has a lifetime guarantee—that even covers damage caused by an airline—where they will fix it for free. Below are my bag’s internal and external features along with its full specs but of course you can just click here to see them on their website.
- CX expansion-compression system increases packing capacity by 25%, then compresses back to original size to keep contents secure
- Cinch-down mesh garment panels keep contents from shifting and minimize wrinkling
- Built-in tri-fold garment folder for 1-2 suits and a foam roll bar to prevent wrinkling
- Ballistic nylon outer fabric resists wear, moisture, dirt and abrasion
- Hybrid fiberglass frame is lightweight and provides flexibility, durability and shape retention
- Outsider® handle provides greater interior capacity and a flat interior surface for packing so clothing arrives wrinkle-free
- Aircraft-grade aluminum handle system with 3 stop heights
- V-groove handle tubes are stronger and guarantee less jamming
- Outsider® pocket for convenient storage of quick-access items
- Tethered Smartlink™ strap transports two or more bags as one
- Self-repairing YKK zippers for smooth zipper action with lockable double zipper pulls
- Large u-zip front pocket for hassle-free access to extra items
- SpeedThru™ pocket for storage of items at security checkpoints
- HideAway™ ID tag conceals personal information
- Cushioned top carry handle for smooth handling
- Retractable low profile side carry handle
- Integrated bottom fabric handle for easy lifting
- Reinforced, low profile protective corner guards on all 4 corners
- Low profile wheels and feet
- Streamlined wedged feet deflect impacts
Dimensions of Case: 9″ x 18″ x 24″ / 22.9 x 45.7 x 61.0 cm
Dimensions with Wheels & Handle: 10.3″ x 18″ x 25″ / 26.2 x 45.7 x 63.5 cm
Outside Expanded Depth: 12.9″ / 32.8 cm
Colors: Black or Olive
Weight: 10.2 lbs / 4.6 kg
Fabric: Ballistic nylon outer fabric resists wear, moisture, dirt and abrasion
Soft, durable twill lining is light-colored to easily locate packed items
Zippers: Self-repairing YKK zippers for smooth zipper action with lockable double zipper pulls
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.