If you’re staying in a hotel, B&B or rental that doesn’t have air conditioning, and you need a good night’s sleep, you need to check out the ChiliPad. The US Tour de France team used ChiliPads while in the Pyrenees, and doing so helped them get an imperative good night’s sleep each night. They aren’t cheap—prices range from $449 for a single to $1,099 for a king—so depending on the length of your stay, you might rather splurge for a place that does have air conditioning or buy a unit yourself. At the very least, it’s good to know that there’s an alternative to bringing your own A/C unit.
The ChiliPad is easy to use. You just lay your unit out on the bed, fill the machine up with water and plug it in. Read more about how it works here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.