This might be a great stocking stuffer for a loved one that loves to travel and listen to music. DUBS Acoustic Filters are advanced tech earplugs comprising 17 different parts that make hearing protection fashionable (LA Times). DUBS reduce volume without sacrificing the clarity of sound, so they’re great for concerts, clubs, loud stadiums, and noisy airplanes.
DUBS launched in September, are reusable and are available in four colors (teal, blue, pink and white) for just $25. They fit most adults over the age of 16. What turned me onto Dubs was their information on hearing loss and the long-term effects of too much noise. According to them more than six million people in the U.S. between the ages of 18 and 44 suffer from hearing loss. They also warn that exposure to any loud noise (over 85 dB) can lead to permanent hearing damage, known as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL). And then they list the average noise ratings:
- 60 dB—Normal conversations or dishwashers
- 80 dB—Alarm clocks
- 90 dB—Hair dryers, blenders, and lawnmowers
- 100 dB—MP3 players at full volume
- 110 dB—Concerts, car racing, and sporting events
- 120dB—Jet planes at take off
- 130 dB—Ambulances
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.