Disclaimer: I received the product featured here for free in exchange for my honest review. The opinions expressed below are my own.
A couple weeks back I featured a tip about using your phone’s hotspot for Wi-Fi. Well, I received a bunch of emails from readers saying that their phones don’t have hotspot capability, or that their service provider charges way too much for use of it. For all who fall in that second category, or anyone who want a stronger and more secure internet connection channeled through their phones, there’s the NETGEAR Around Town Mobile Internet hotspot. The good folks over at NETGEAR sent one to me, and it’s great. Here’s why:
- You get instant internet straight out of the box. You don’t need to sign up as it comes with 1 Gigabyte of high-speed internet connection from Sprint’s nationwide high-speed network.
- There’s no commitment or data expiration. That means there are no contracts to sign and no expiration of your purchased data, so you can use it at your own pace and reload when needed.
- The 4G LTE mobile hotspot battery lasts up to 10 hours.
- It lets you securely connect up to 10 devices.
- It provides a 1.77-inch color LCD display to keep you informed of your data usage and network connectivity at a glance.
Keep in mind just like the hotspot on your phone this is not to be used internationally. It’s currently retailing on Amazon for $189.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.