If you’re travel savvy, you know that pickpockets are rampant in Europe and other touristy destinations. In Paris, pickpockets were so bad last May that the Eiffel Tower was actually shut down for the day when its workers went on strike. A similar thing happened at the nearby Louvre in 2012. You can read about these incidents here.
Getting pickpocketed can definitely put a huge damper on a vacation, especially if the thieves get a hold of your passport, which is worth thousands of dollars on the black market. Most travelers think they can spot the bad guys, but even some security experts have admitted that they couldn’t spot pickpocketers and they have been duped by them. Many crooks work in groups and with cohorts of all ages and backgrounds. The point is: You need to be extra careful when you travel, especially in touristy destinations, on public transportation and in crowds.
If you want to give would-be pickpocketers the slip, you need to check out these pickpocket-proof pants by Clothing Arts. They have extra-deep side-seam pockets that are not only zippered but also have a triple-pocket design that includes a button-flap pocket and a hook-and-loop inner pocket for your camera and smartphone. The four cargo-style pockets (two in the back and one on each side) are made from double-thick, cut-resistant fabric. Rear cargo pockets expand or flatten, and one conceals a zip passport pocket. The nylon canvas fabric is soft and has a Teflon finish to repel light precipitation. They also come with UPF50+ sun protection.
They regularly cost $119 but right now they’re on sale for just $99, which is a small investment to make sure your valuables are safe. As a Johnny Jet subscriber, you can also save an extra 15% and receive free shipping on your order of $50 or more by entering the code JOHNNY at checkout.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.