If you’re travel savvy, you know that pickpockets are rampant in Europe and other touristy destinations. In Paris, pickpockets were so bad last May that the Eiffel Tower was actually shut down for the day when its workers went on strike. A similar thing happened at the nearby Louvre in 2012. You can read about these incidents here.
Getting pickpocketed can definitely put a huge damper on a vacation, especially if the thieves get a hold of your passport, which is worth thousands of dollars on the black market. Most travelers think they can spot the bad guys, but even some security experts have admitted that they couldn’t spot pickpocketers and they have been duped by them. Many crooks work in groups and with cohorts of all ages and backgrounds. The point is: You need to be extra careful when you travel, especially in touristy destinations, on public transportation and in crowds.
If you want to give would-be pickpocketers the slip, you need to check out these pickpocket-proof pants by Clothing Arts. They have extra-deep side-seam pockets that are not only zippered but also have a triple-pocket design that includes a button-flap pocket and a hook-and-loop inner pocket for your camera and smartphone. The four cargo-style pockets (two in the back and one on each side) are made from double-thick, cut-resistant fabric. Rear cargo pockets expand or flatten, and one conceals a zip passport pocket. The nylon canvas fabric is soft and has a Teflon finish to repel light precipitation. They also come with UPF50+ sun protection.
They regularly cost $119 but right now they’re on sale for just $99, which is a small investment to make sure your valuables are safe. As a Johnny Jet subscriber, you can also save an extra 15% and receive free shipping on your order of $50 or more by entering the code JOHNNY at checkout.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.