Do you like to stay organized when you travel? Then check out Packing Cubes. They usually come as a set of four in four different sizes: large, medium, small, and smallest. Some business travelers use the smallest cube as a toiletry bag & storage for cables or device accessories, while parents have used the larger cubes to keep their kids’ clothes organized (including separating clean from dirty). The Pro Packing Cubes are lightweight with rip-stop nylon and YKK zippers. Amazon sells a variety of them starting as low as $14.99.
They really came in handy on a recent Hawaiian Airlines flight as all passengers need to weigh each bag at check-in, and if a bag exceeds the 50-pound limit even by two pounds, you’ll get charged. It’s an extra $35 for bags weighing 51-70lbs and an extra $70 for bags 70-100lbs. One of our bags weighed over 50lbs, but fortunately, Natalie packs her suitcase with packing cubes so I just pulled one with her clothes out and carried it onto the plane to save the money.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.