One of my big problems when I travel is that I only like to bring carry-on luggage because it makes the whole experience that much better (no lines, I can change flights more easily, no around at baggage claim, and I can take public transportation). The issue with this is strategy is that with just a carry-on, you can usually only take a week’s worth of clothes. Even in a larger suitcase, only two weeks’ worth will fit and many of my trips are much longer than that.
I know it’s a first-world problem, but it’s not that easy to find a laundromat on the road. And who wants to wash clothes in the sink or tub? The Scrubba Wash Bag, invented by an Aussie, might be a solution for people like me—who like to travel for more than a week and want to stay nimble—or going backpacking, camping or even sleeping on a boat.
The Scrubba is billed as the lightest (5 ounces) and smallest (it measures 12.6″ x 0.2″ x 21.3″) washing machine in the world! It’s the modern take on the old fashioned washboard. This unique bag has hundreds of internal “Scrubba” nodules that clean clothes in minutes, giving users a machine-quality wash whenever and wherever they want. Here’s how it works:
“Simply drop clothes in the Scrubba and add water and detergent. Seal the dry-bag style closure and open the side valve to release excess air. Grip circles on the exterior prevent the Scrubba from slipping while you rub the bag and activate the hundreds of internal Scrubba nodules that perform the work.”
The volume of the bag is three gallons, but optimal washing volume is one gallon when filled with clothes. The bag is made from durable microbial- and hydrolysis-resistant polyether TPU it also doubles as a dry-bag. You can buy it on Amazon for $49.95.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.