I’ve written a couple of Father’s Day gift guides in the last two weeks. The first one was through a partnership I have with TravelSmith, and the other was for some random cool products not necessarily for travel. A few hours after publishing the second post—wouldn’t you know it—came a special delivery of a unique watch called the slow watch. What makes it so special is that it has a 24-hour face instead of the standard 12-hour one.
The slow watch is perfect for North Americans traveling internationally who want to be extra careful not to miss any appointments or flights. I’ll never forget the time I confused 15:00 with 5 pm and ended up having to make a mad dash to the airport. Of course, you could switch the time on your phone or digital watch from 12-hour to 24-hour for free, but you won’t have a stylish, unique conversation piece to talk about. Slow watches (there are plenty of styles) are only available on their website and Amazon. According to their website they offer a two-year warranty, a 14-day return policy and free delivery. Prices range from $275 to $300.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.