The big travel news this past week was yet another example of T-Mobile shaking things up in the cellular industry. The latest is their introduction of the T-Mobile Personal CellSpot, which is like having a T-Mobile tower in your house (or wherever you choose to put it). My biggest (and really only) beef with T-Mobile is that my phone pretty much works everywhere but in my house, so the CellSpot means I can now get rid of my home line and just use my cell phone. The best part is that except for a $25 deposit, there’s no additional cost.
I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad I switched to T-Mobile after they starting offering free international data in 120+ countries. Yes, the signal is weak for apps, but I’m still able to use email and upload photos to my Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter accounts.
That’s not the only news they announced this week either. Starting September 17, they’ll be offering free in-flight texting on all Gogo-equipped flights—plus, they’ll match any better trade-in offer from AT&T, Verizon or Sprint and even pay for your family’s early termination fees. Traveling has just gotten cheaper thanks to T-Mobile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.