Don’t you hate it when you get on a long flight only to find out that the plane you’re on doesn’t have electrical outlets and you have a ton or work to do (or shows to catch up on)? Fortunately, that doesn’t happen very often, but it did to me a couple of weeks ago when I flew from LA to Toronto on American Airlines, and they subbed out their usual plush A319 with an old plane at the last minute. It really messed up my work schedule and made the flight seem like an eternity. When I realized I’m going to be on another one of American’s plane (767) that doesn’t have power outlets in coach, I decided I’d better find a solution. I asked a travel tech expert friend for a recommendation and the ChargeTech Portable Battery Pack was it. So I contacted the company and they were kind enough to send me one.
What I love about this device is that it allows you to basically carry an electrical outlet with you anywhere you’re going. You can be up high in the sky on an old plane or out in the woods camping and still be able to charge all of your devices. The ChargeTech Portable Battery Pack charges smartphones multiple times and extends laptop battery life at least 2-3 hours. It’s also internationally compatible (110V-240V) so it’s perfect for travelers. I wish the device was a tad smaller and lighter but beggars can’t be choosers. Also cool is the fact that charging the unit itself only takes two hours. Grab one on Amazon for $185.
FYI: To find out if your airline and aircraft have electrical outlets, check out SeatGuru.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.