Don’t you hate it when you get on a long flight only to find out that the plane you’re on doesn’t have electrical outlets and you have a ton or work to do (or shows to catch up on)? Fortunately, that doesn’t happen very often, but it did to me a couple of weeks ago when I flew from LA to Toronto on American Airlines, and they subbed out their usual plush A319 with an old plane at the last minute. It really messed up my work schedule and made the flight seem like an eternity. When I realized I’m going to be on another one of American’s plane (767) that doesn’t have power outlets in coach, I decided I’d better find a solution. I asked a travel tech expert friend for a recommendation and the ChargeTech Portable Battery Pack was it. So I contacted the company and they were kind enough to send me one.
What I love about this device is that it allows you to basically carry an electrical outlet with you anywhere you’re going. You can be up high in the sky on an old plane or out in the woods camping and still be able to charge all of your devices. The ChargeTech Portable Battery Pack charges smartphones multiple times and extends laptop battery life at least 2-3 hours. It’s also internationally compatible (110V-240V) so it’s perfect for travelers. I wish the device was a tad smaller and lighter but beggars can’t be choosers. Also cool is the fact that charging the unit itself only takes two hours. Grab one on Amazon for $185.
FYI: To find out if your airline and aircraft have electrical outlets, check out SeatGuru.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.