I’ve always admired the Japanese for wearing surgical masks in public when they aren’t feeling well. Whenever I visit someone in the hospital I always grab an extra mask to put in my carry-on bag to use in case my seatmate is sick and not wearing one (don’t you hate that?).
So when Tutem sent me a box of their new masks, I was really excited. No longer did I have to have some plain-looking hospital mask; now, I could have one with a fun design. Tutem has five different looks to fit your mood and style, and I chose their Business Class option that has planes on it. Last week, in San Francisco, I came down with a nasty upper respiratory infection and was feeling really ill. I had to attend a few meetings at a conference and, not wanting to get anyone else sick, I decided to put one on. I felt really foolish at first but I knew it was the thing to do—and then I felt like a hero when friends came up to me and thanked me for having the courage and courtesy to wear a mask and not spread my germs. If everyone wore one of these while they were sick, there would be a lot fewer sick people in this world.
What I like about Tutem’s masks besides their fun designs is that their masks are designed to conform to your face, creating a cool, breathable chamber away from your mouth and nose. The masks don’t cling while you wear them so there’s no risk of the dreaded “breathing into a paper bag” effect. They’re also designed to perform to healthcare specifications and are individually packaged for easy carrying in your bag, purse or pocket. Masks are latex-free, come with a natural, triclosan-free CleanWell™ wipe to clean your hands and their ear loops are discrete—so there are no hair dents or pulling. They cost $8 for a two-pack or $24.99 for a 10-pack.
Their tagline says it all: “Spread love not germs.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.