Earlier this year while on a bike ride through the beautiful Wachau Valley in lower Austria, I had my iPhone 6 Plus slip out of my pocket, fall to the ground and get destroyed. Immediately, I started kicking myself for not buying a much stronger case.
Although these heavy duty Urban Armor Gear phone cases are not the most glamorous out there, they sure are durable, and you’ll definitely be sorry you didn’t have one the next time you drop your phone and it smashes like mine did—especially if you’re somewhere remote or out of the country where you just can’t go buy another US-styled phone. FYI: I brought my phone in the next day to the Apple Store in Munich and they told me it would take 2-3 business days to find a replacement and it would’ve cost me over $500 USD!
With a UAG phone case you won’t have to worry about dropping your phone as they all have a hard outer shell and a soft impact-resistant core. Their cases are lightweight and military drop-tested! According to their website: “MIL-STD 810 is a US Military certification applied to equipment that can withstand tough environmental conditions. The Mil-Spec certification is granted to a number of commercial products that strive toward the same standards of ruggedness, durability, and protection.”
If UAG is good enough for the military, then it should be good enough for you! Prices start at $34.95.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.