This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
A good night’s sleep is essential when you’re on the road but there are lots of things that can hinder shuteye in a hotel room. For starters: thin walls and loud neighbors, elevators, alarm clocks that aren’t shut off, pillows that are too soft or too hard, blankets that are too thin, too heavy or too scratchy … the list goes on. But one thing that always gets in the way of a good night’s sleep for me in a hotel room is too much light.
If you need a complete darkness to sleep, like I do, you can always wear a sleep mask (here’s the one I recommend – it’s by Lewis N. Clark and is so soft and fluffy, it’s great for wearing on an airplane or in a hotel). But if you don’t like sleeping a whole night with a sleep mask on your face, then check out these portable window blackout curtain shades.
Packing curtains might seem unusual but you can’t underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep – especially when you are traveling. These portable curtains use suction cups so you can quickly and easily put them over a window before you go to sleep. They fold up compactly into a handy packing case and can be used on the go to block out light and ensure privacy. They have Velcro edges so you can adjust the dimensions of the curtain to fit various window sizes.
I love this idea because I really do need total darkness when I sleep (I cover up lights on TVs or other electronics with a small piece of duct tape because even those small lights bother me) and these curtains can help create the right sleeping environment.
I’m thinking of buying these for my mother-in-law, whose guest bedroom is so bright, even with blinds, that at 5am, it feels like noon and it’s almost impossible to sleep. These are a great solution because she won’t need to invest in blackout curtains (which aren’t cheap) but we can put these up at night and take them down in the morning. Brilliant! Buy them here on Amazon.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.