One of my life goals as an adult is to visit one new country a year. When my son was born I gave him in that one-new-country-a-year goal, as well. So far, we’re both on track and we have a world map that we (I) update with pins to stay on top of it.
Many travelers keep such a map, of course, but not all of them require pins. If you aren’t into using pins because you find them too hard to push in, too dangerous, or damaging to your map or wall, you’ll want to consider this HomeN’Stars Scratch Off World Map. As implied, you scratch off places once you’ve visited them, which the map rewards by revealing them in color. It’s uniquely and elegantly designed to include special icons for international and U.S. landmarks, sports and other travel activities. It also lets you reward yourself with trophies consistent with the number of cities and countries visited.
In addition to the countries of the world, the map has every U.S. state, Australian state and Canadian province defined in a different vibrant color, and all the capital cities of the world are marked to make it easy to learn geography as you go. The map is 24” x 36” and comes in a tube gift box with a a scratch pen (so you don’t have to use a coin), a guitar pick, mapping pins, instructions, and a cleaning brush. It’s a fun, personalized decoration for any wall in the living room, bedroom, office, or study—and if you ask me it would make for a great gift for most travel enthusiasts.
The map retails on Amazon for $34.99.
Promo code: HomeN’Stars is offering the first 100 JohnnyJet.com readers this map for 40% off ($20.99). See this dedicated page and opt in to the HomeN’Stars mailing list
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.