One of my life goals as an adult is to visit one new country a year. When my son was born I gave him in that one-new-country-a-year goal, as well. So far, we’re both on track and we have a world map that we (I) update with pins to stay on top of it.
Many travelers keep such a map, of course, but not all of them require pins. If you aren’t into using pins because you find them too hard to push in, too dangerous, or damaging to your map or wall, you’ll want to consider this HomeN’Stars Scratch Off World Map. As implied, you scratch off places once you’ve visited them, which the map rewards by revealing them in color. It’s uniquely and elegantly designed to include special icons for international and U.S. landmarks, sports and other travel activities. It also lets you reward yourself with trophies consistent with the number of cities and countries visited.
In addition to the countries of the world, the map has every U.S. state, Australian state and Canadian province defined in a different vibrant color, and all the capital cities of the world are marked to make it easy to learn geography as you go. The map is 24” x 36” and comes in a tube gift box with a a scratch pen (so you don’t have to use a coin), a guitar pick, mapping pins, instructions, and a cleaning brush. It’s a fun, personalized decoration for any wall in the living room, bedroom, office, or study—and if you ask me it would make for a great gift for most travel enthusiasts.
The map retails on Amazon for $34.99.
Promo code: HomeN’Stars is offering the first 100 JohnnyJet.com readers this map for 40% off ($20.99). See this dedicated page and opt in to the HomeN’Stars mailing list
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.