Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Abraham Lora
Occupation: I push paper around and look good while doing it!
Hometown: Ontario, California
Residence: Ontario, California
College major: Political Science
Facebook: Hammy Sanchez
Instagram: la4life2013; #adventurethrutravel
Short bio: I’m your average 30-something guy, reconciling my passion for travel and appreciation of world cultures with my 9-5 reality. Having started roaming the world at 18, I’ve covered 42 countries and 33 US states and yearn for more. Based out of the LA area, I’m as spontaneous and as easy going as it gets. I’ll book travel deals on a moment’s notice and eat/drink what’s “local” with absolutely no reservations, a la Anthony Bourdain. I eat, breathe, and bleed travel.
How often do you fly? I average 8-10 trips a year.
How many countries have you been to? 42 and counting!
How many continents have you been to? 4 and soon to be 5 when I go to Peru in July.
Earliest travel memory: Packed like sardines in the family van going camping; those were fun times!
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Amsterdam.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Pamukkale.
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines.
Favorite aircraft type: A380.
Aisle or window: Always the aisle!
Favorite airport lounge: Bangkok Louis Tavern CIP First Class Lounge.
Favorite international airport: Bangkok (Love getting back and neck massages there).
Favorite bar: Salvage Bar and Lounge, Los Angeles.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Paella.
Least favorite food: I love everything!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Havana Club and Sprite.
Favorite travel movie(s): Eurotrip.
Right now I am reading: “Citizens of London”; I love war literature.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Budget Travel.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Travelzoo.
5 things you bring on a plane: A good attitude, a sense of adventure, hand sanitizer, water, and noise-cancelling headphones.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Just recently returning from Chicago I thought I knew where I had parked my car at the airport lot. Not only did I not find it, but I was forced to call airport police. They, of course, found my car…”Dude! Where’s my car?!!”…Lol…I felt so silly…
Worst travel moment: Travelling home from London after 9/11 and there being 50 people on a 400+ passenger airplane. Very unnerving…
What’s your dream destination? Seychelles, Maldives…anywhere dreamy romantic like that…and with the right person of course…
Best travel tip: Write down or annotate in your phone where you park your car!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.