Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Agness Walewinder
Occupation: Travel Blogger & Marketer
Hometown: Żagań, Poland
College: University of Amsterdam
College major: Master’s studies in New Media and Digital Culture
Pinterest: Agness & Cez (eTramping)
Google+: Agness Walewinder
Short bio: Agness is a travel blogger who has made the world her home. She travels independently or with her best friend Cez, leaving behind the 9-5 routine and any thought of a permanent home. Together, Agness and Cez have discovered the secret to living abroad on a budget, and share their travel experiences to help others do the same.
How often do you fly? It depends, but in overall every two weeks.
How many countries have you been to? More or less 40.
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: My first trip to Prague where I went on a summer camp with a bunch of other kids I didn’t know. I was about seven-years old and I cried a lot because I missed home so much. My parents bought me my first backpack, a food container and proper trainers so I rocked that trip like a pro traveler.
Favorite American city: NYC.
Favorite international city: Amsterdam.
Least favorite country: The Philippines.
I have no desire to go to: The Philippines once again.
Friendliest people in the world: Tibetans and Japanese.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: China.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Taj Mahal.
Favorite airline: LOT.
Aisle or window: Aisle!
Favorite international airport: Singapore.
Favorite hotel: International Youth Hostel.
Favorite travel credit card: Barclays.
Favorite island: Koh Samui, Thailand.
Favorite beach: Alona Beach.
Favorite National Park: Zhangjiajie National Park.
Favorite fancy restaurant: I don’t go to fancy restaurants, street food rocks!
Favorite fruit: Banana.
Favorite food: Baked salmon.
Least favorite food: Rice and noodle dishes.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Bulletproof coffee.
Favorite travel movie(s): Into the Wild.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho.
Right now I am reading: “Why North Korea attracts so much sensational media coverage North Korea attracts more nonsense reporting than any other country – but why? And will things ever improve?” by Chad O’Carroll.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Lonely Planet.
5 things you bring on a plane: Laptop, healthy snacks, bottle of water, phone and headphones.
What do you always seem to forget? To pack my glasses!
What do you like least about travel? Airport check-ins.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Nice perfumes.
Favorite travel app(s): Pepo.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Taking selfies when someone is recording a travel video of you.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Many places in Poland.
Worst travel moment: Being bitten by a toxic spider in China.
What’s your dream destination? North Korea (where I’m heading at the end of January).
Best travel tip: Live like locals live and eat like locals eat!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.