Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Alan Alda
Hometown: New York
Residence: New York
College major: English
Facebook: Alan Alda
Short bio: Birth, marriage, MASH, Scientific American Frontiers, Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science, Horace and Pete, Alda Communication Training company, the book on communicating: “If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face?”
How often do you fly? Couple of times a month.
How many countries have you been to? 20
How many continents have you been to? Most of them. Manhattan is a continent, right?
Earliest travel memory: Age two, traveling with my mother and father to all the burlesque theaters on the eastern seaboard. (He was a singer and straight man.)
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: Russia.
I have no desire to go to: Russia again.
Friendliest people in the world: Scotland and Ireland.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Well, Russia.
Favorite airline: Right now, Delta.
Favorite aircraft type: Anything over 40 seats.
Aisle or window: I don’t care.
Favorite airport lounge: Where they let me in.
Favorite U.S. airport: You must be kidding.
Favorite island: Long Island.
Favorite beach: I don’t like beaches. I nearly drowned on one as a kid.
Favorite fancy restaurant: I don’t like fancy restaurants much.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: I avoid holes-in-the-wall. These are some choices.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Kirin draught. And Brunello.
Right now I am reading: My own book. God, it’s good.
What do you always seem to forget? My pajamas.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Not knowing what city I woke up in until I recognized the hotel lobby.
Best travel tip: Remember to pack your pajamas.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.