Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Alexandra Carson
Occupation: Travel Blogger
Hometown: Camarillo, CA
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College: California State University Channel Islands
College major: Communication
Facebook: Couple’s Coordinates
Pinterest: Couple’s Coordinates
YouTube: Couple’s Coordinates
Short bio: Alex is a natural born adventurer from a small town in Southern California. Her smile transcends language and allows her to make friends anywhere she travels. She has traveled extensively and fallen in love with many locations, but her favorites are Chaing Dao, Moorea and Florence. Alex is a certified yoga teacher and an avid photographer. She loves incorporating both of these things into her travels.
How often do you fly? Currently, about once per month. When I’m on a lengthy trip more like 6-8 times per month.
How many countries have you been to? 22
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Traveling to Lake Tahoe with my family when I was about six-years-old. We used to rent a cabin every summer and horseback ride and spend time at the lake. Some of my favorite memories were made there.
Favorite American city: San Diego, CA. Sunshine, the ocean and all-around nice people! I could definitely see my future living there!
Favorite international city: Florence, Italy. My home away from home will always be Florence. Michael and I lived there for four months and every time I think about it I get butterflies.
Least favorite country: I haven’t found a country I dislike yet.
I have no desire to go to: Delaware.
Friendliest people in the world: Bali for sure.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: UK.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Fraser Island, Australia.
Favorite airline: Delta.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 747.
Aisle or window: Aisle…I have a small bladder and like to stay hydrated.
Favorite airport lounge: United Lounge across the board.
Favorite U.S. airport: LAX.
Favorite international airport: Singapore.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Sayan (Bali).
Favorite cruise line: I haven’t been on a cruise since I was 17 and that was on Carnival.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire.
Favorite island: Bali.
Favorite beach: Whitehaven Beach, Australia.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Mastro’s Steakhouse (even though I don’t eat steak).
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Somis Market, Camarillo, CA.
Favorite bar: Any swim up bar!
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Italian.
Least favorite food: Anything fried.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Green tea, but if we’re talking about alcohol then tequila on the rocks with lime.
Favorite travel movie(s): Eat, Pray, Love, Under The Tuscan Sun.
Favorite travel show(s): Bizarre Foods America and anything travel related on Animal Planet.
Favorite travel book(s): “7 Years in Tibet,” “The Alchemist,” “Eat, Pray, Love,” “The 40 Rules of Love.”
Right now I am reading: “The Untethered Soul.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: The Blonde Abroad, World of Wanderlust, Nomadic Matt.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Business Insider Travel and National Geographic.
5 things you bring on a plane: Almonds, dried fruit, socks, moisturizer, and travel pillow.
What do you always seem to forget? Cell phone charger.
What do you like least about travel? Jet lag.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Snacks for the next flight!
Favorite travel app(s): CheckedIn and Skyscanner.
Most embarrassing travel moment: When the lady that owned our first Airbnb in Florence walked into our apartment thinking we had already checked out and I was putting on lotion completely naked. She also spoke zero English and we both screamed and then were awkwardly laughing.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: The Grand Canyon.
Worst travel moment: Traveling from Florence, Italy to Nice, France by train with nine overweight bags in 100 degree weather with no AC.
What’s your dream destination? Maldives.
Favorite travel charity: Days for Girls.
Best travel tip: Don’t worry about buying souvenirs, instead focus on the experience. The memories you create along the way will be the best thing you can ever take home.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.