Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Alesandra (Alice) Dubin
Occupation: Writer, editor, blogger
Hometown: Los Angeles
Residence: Los Angeles
College: Bachelor’s from U.C. Berkeley, master’s in journalism from New York University
College major: Undergraduate: English, Film Studies, and Italian Studies. Graduate: Journalism, with emphasis on cultural reporting and criticism
Facebook: Homebody in Motion
Pinterest: Alesandra Dubin
Google+: Alesandra Dubin
How many countries have you been to? 20-plus
How many continents have you been to? 4
Favorite American city: Palm Springs.
Favorite international city: Istanbul, Tel Aviv, Buenos Aires, Rio.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: France.
Favorite airline: Turkish, British, Avianca.
Aisle or window: Always aisle, until I married my 6-foot-1 husband and lost that real estate forever.
Favorite international airport: Taiwan TPE.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Bali at Sayan (Ubud, Bali), Viceroy Bali (Ubud, Bali), Hilton Bora Bora Nui (Bora Bora), Korakia Pensione (Palm Springs), Jake’s (Jamaica), St. Regis Punta Mita (Punta Mita, Mexico).
Favorite travel credit card: United MileagePlus Explorer.
Favorite island: Mykonos, Santorini, Bali, Bora Bora, Ambergris Caye (Belize)…all of my favorites are islands!
Favorite beach: Psarou Beach (Mykonos).
Favorite travel movie(s): Wait for it: Couples Retreat! I want to sop up those Bora Bora landscapes with a biscuit.
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown.
What do you like least about travel? Jetlag.
Most embarrassing travel moment: The summer we studied abroad in Italy, my sister and I hopped a train to see (redacted quintessential ‘90s riot grrrl performer)…but we made it to the wrong place; we’d had the town’s name off by one letter. As I recall, we did reach the musician by phone at her hotel and told her we were sorry to miss her show—as if she cared.
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Tokyo.
Worst travel moment: I chalk all travel moments up to tiny jewels. But the one time our flight to Barcelona was cancelled, so we had to rebook through Istanbul and way overshoot our destination, creating a 24-hour haul when I was pregnant with my twins—that was no fun.
What’s your dream destination? Maldives, Seychelles, Kenya, Tanzania.
Best travel tip: JUST GO.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.